Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thai Farm Cooking Class and more FOOD.

Janny and I eating streetside in Meo Sot, a base town to Umphang, which is the base to the jungle and waterfall trekking that we may do for the next couple of days.

At our last night in Chiang Mai, a friend took us to this really great Thai restaurant, and this is coconut shoot with shrimp and peppers. Really tender and delicious.

A fresh salad dish of shayote and shrimp with all the Thai fixins'.


Mango and sticky rice dish that I made during our one day Thai farm cooking school! So easy and turned out incredible!!!


These are some of the dishes I made--papaya salad (fresh, sweet, sour, and a hint of spiciness), red curry with chicken, and a Thai coconut chicken soup. It turned out really well, but the cooking school made it fairly easy for us to learn, so I can't take the credit for it.


my cooking station!

Grinding my own red curry paste to make my red curry chicken dish!


The farm at the school with fresh herbs, fruits, and many vegetables. All the ingredients we used were organic and a lot of it from the farm!

Us in our red aprons ready to cook up a storm!! It was a really great day in Chiang Mai.

The morning at a local marketplace with the chef who explained different ingredients and spices to us before teaching us how to make specialty dishes. Maybe if you're lucky, I will cook some authentic Thai food for you when I get back to the States!!

Cheers,
Mamie

No comments:

Post a Comment