Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Greetings from cold, wet Vancouver

Hello family and friends! I've arrived in Vancouver, and the nonstop rain has done its best to soak me to the bones with Canadian water. I'm staying with a friend of my sister's for a little while in "Little Italy," and her place is really nice. It was comforting to have an actual "home" to arrive to after the chaotic Vancouver airport.



I had an exciting day today as I walked through the Commercial Drive neighborhood and headed into downtown! I meandered along the waterfront and Canada Place, but the weather made me a lone wanderer alongside the water. I walked, walked, then walked some more, and then finally...continued walking. I'm trying to get myself oriented with this city, and I'm hoping for nicer weather soon so I can really appreciate the landscape and sites. It was a bit gloomy and dark today.





Vancouver is filled with community gardens and urban agriculture. I'm looking forward to also going to Stanley Park and Granville Island soon for day trips when the weather clears up! I miss everyone!

1 comment: